|Category||Finance & Accounting|
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Tax & Reporting team builds scalable and well-controlled processes to support timely and accurate financial, statutory reporting, and ensure compliance with regional and local tax regulations.
About the Role
Uber is growing rapidly and we are looking for a Tax Analyst in Dallas, Texas. This challenging role requires an individual who is driven, process oriented and excited to solve new problems every day. This role will assist with tax and compliance obligations for all things Uber, offering an opportunity to have exposure to everything Uber does!
Are you a great teammate? Technically savvy? Have a love for number-crunching and analytical thinking? Possess a passion for details and thrive under pressure? Then Uber Tax offers you an opportunity to work with a stellar team at the heart of the company. Join us!
What You'll Do
• Research: Assist with tax research for products and services for various jurisdictions and compose technical memorandums as assigned.
• Execute: Assist with timely monthly information reporting and compliance filings, including but not limited to, sales and use tax returns, business licenses.
• Innovate: Design tax processes that enable Uber's partners to spend less time consolidating data across different systems and is streamlined, intuitive, and user friendly without sacrificing functionality or compliance. This is achieved by using a combination of functional/operational knowledge, the ability to think analytically, and a passion for making a difference.
• Operational Excellence: Identify operational and structural weaknesses. Help to develop new processes or improve existing ones to keep operations as efficient as possible. Identify areas in which we are not meeting tax or regulatory standards.
• Partnerships: Support inquiries from Uber's partners as they relate to tax information reporting and guide cross-functional teams to resolution. Work with Customer Engagement, Account Management, Sales, Communications, and Support teams on regular communications and drive campaigns with our partners to update accurate tax information
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
• 2+ years of experience in public accounting, consulting, and/or a high-growth company
• Solid accounting, analytical, and indirect tax/VAT research skills
• Experience using Vertex, Oracle, JIRA (or other customer inquiry ticketing system (Salesforce, etc)
• SQL and Alteryx a definite plus
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight timelines, create structure from scratch, and manage a wide range of information
• Self-driven with great attention to detail, project management and organizational skills and demonstrates meaningful ownership of tasks
• Passion and experience working with partners across multiple organizations to drive successful results
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate the ability to present facts in a clear and concise manner and effectively influence business decisions
• High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
• Comfortable with large sets of data.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).