Earners on the platform. This role oversees several physical Greenlight sites, each of which are staffed with frontline Uber Experts and their managers (Team Leads), who directly report into this role.
The Area Manager leads their teams to execute against goals and targets for site performance. Sites are evaluated on how well they onboard and convert prospective individuals into active Uber drivers, how successfully they reengage churned drivers to take additional trips on the platform, and how efficiently they are operated. Area Managers are engaging coaches who motivate, train, and inspire their direct reports to be strong people leaders in service of sites performing at a high level. To do so, Area Managers analyze quantitative and qualitative performance data for their site and turn it into clear and concise action plans to address areas of improvement.
As Greenlight programs, processes, and goals evolve the Area Manager is responsible for ensuring effective change management at the sites they oversee. This may involve lightweight comms planning, providing feedback and pre-launch suggestions to project stakeholders, and/or collaborating with peers to align on approaches and tactics.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented Covid19 safety protocols which meet or exceed local public health guidance. Worker safety remains number one priority.
What You'll Do
• Hire and manage a team of Team Leads across several Greenlight Sites, which conduct in-person and/or video/virtual interactions with Uber Customers
• Own the success metrics for each site - example metrics are Driver Conversion Rate to First Trip, Churn Driver Reengagement, Customer Satisfaction, Site Efficiency
• Hold team accountable for meeting/exceeding business targets. Strengthen performance through coaching, feedback, corrective action, as needed
• Support Team Leads through hiring, onboarding, and the ongoing management of Experts in their reporting lines
• Analyze and report on site performance regularly to peers and senior management; identify root causes, implement plans locally as needed to remediate; escalate any program/market factors to be remedied by cross-functional teams
• Implement new programs and processes defined by the central team; Provide high-impact feedback on implementation to inform next versions and iterations in the interest of program success
• Stay close to customer experience; escalate impactful customer feedback and pain points to other business units
• Ensure your sites are great places to work by prioritizing Employee development, recognition, and engagement
• 2+ years of customer service experience, sales, or retail management
• 2+ years leading a team of 4 or more direct reports
• 1+ year managing managers of frontline employees
• Proficient in Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Docs, Zoom, Gmail, Slack - or any similar/equivalent products
• Data analysis proficiency; able to leverage quantitative data, collect qualitative data, and transform them into clear and achievable action plans
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience managing teams at multiple physical stores/sites
• Experience managing total team sizes greater than 40 (direct + indirect)
• Successfully running team(s) that include frontline/hourly workers and sales/conversion targets
• Sales, account management, or business development experience
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and lead a team through change
• Experience growing, mentoring, and developing members of your teams
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and connect with audiences at different levels
• Expected to remain in a stationary position, often sitting or standing for prolonged periods
• May be required to perform repeating motions that include the wrists, hands and/or fingers, e.g., using a keyboard
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).