About the Role
The Uber Eats Marketplace Prediction team helps answer business-critical questions for Consumers, Merchants, and Couriers:
• Consumers: How should we predict, with a very high level of accuracy, the amount of time it takes to deliver orders to our Consumers? How can we help our Consumers be confident about when they'll receive their order?
• Merchants: How long does it take for different restaurants to prepare food? How long does it take for different types of delivery partners to navigate their routes?
• Couriers: How do you determine when we should dispatch couriers to pick up orders? How should we consume signals from other aspects of the marketplace as we make these decisions?
What You'll Do
As a Sr Product Manager on the Uber Eats Marketplace Prediction team, you will own a portfolio of machine learning-powered products that optimize real-time decision-making across our complex three-sided marketplace.
• Prior experience collaborating with data science, design, and engineering to ship products.
• A computer science undergraduate degree, hands-on software engineering experience, or experiences building complex software products side by side with engineers.
• You tackle complex product challenges and simplify them to avoid making them our users and partner's problems.
• You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
• You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on.
• Experience working with two or three-member marketplace products.
• Experience partnering closely with data scientists to launch analytically rigorous, algorithmic, or data products.
• Ability to deliver on timelines and move quickly with cross-functional teams to execute decisions while maintaining attention to detail.
• Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner.
• You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
• Have a growth mentality; love solving ambiguous, challenging and impactful problems.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).