|Category||Finance & Accounting|
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
The Senior Analyst - IT FRM, Engineering Risk will be focused on coordinating and building a world class IT risk management program for Uber's finance function, working with the other arms of the Finance Risk Management team to develop an integrated risk and controls program to respond to existing and emerging risks.
The candidate will work closely with internal and external partners, interacting on a day to day basis with Engineering, Product, Security Assurance, Tech Eng, FinTech, IT Internal Audit, and Ops teams to execute ongoing service discovery and risk mitigation through identification of risk and building solutions in a highly customized and dynamic IT environment. This role will also oversee the overall IT controls for ICOFR, including rationalizing and automating Uber's engineering controls environment. The successful applicant will have extensive IT systems processes and IT internal controls experience.
What You'll Do
• Build and maintain relationships across Engineering, Product, Operations, Internal Audit, external audit and other external partners to drive effective financial risk management
• Understand and manage emerging risks through early detection and adopt preventative measures to manage them
• Work with Security Assurance, Engineering, and Product teams to improve efficiency of control environments through implementation of automation and process improvement
• Bridge gaps between IT controls and business controls, including ITGCs and automated business controls. Work with IA to ensure complete control environment is managed
• Work with emerging products to understand risk profile and ensure an appropriate control environment is established
• Assist in the completion of compliance activities such as; narrative and flowchart development, risk assessments, control rationalization, management controls testing
• Provide control related support and training for the team to help mitigate financial risk through fostering an effective controls environment
• Implement new process and controls in response to changes to the business environment, such as; new product introduction, changes in accounting standards, internal process changes or reorganization
• 3+ years of IT audit (internal or external), controls, compliance or risk management experience
• Experience with homegrown applications in a microservices/dev-ops environment
• Big 4 accounting firm and/or internet/ technology industry experience
• Experience with SOX readiness assessments and control implementation
• Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Experience managing, monitoring and remediating deficient financial controls
• Process management experience, including process redesign and optimization
• Experience with information technology general controls and automated business process controls and concepts
• Strong organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
• Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks across major finance cycles
• Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across a wide array of internal and external partners, including senior management
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently, including managing a team
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).