Our Operations teams work where Uber's digital technology meets the real world. We are the local eyes on Uber's operations team, and own city-specific business outcomes and bridge our overall business strategy with local needs. We ensure complex, business-critical compliance work is done in a high-quality way and champion the core Uber experience in our cities.
About the Role
Uber is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Regulatory Strategy and Operations Team. If you love handling projects, multiple cross-functional partners, and solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, this is the role for you. The ideal candidate will excel at solving problems, balancing multiple work streams and engaging with cross- functional partners so as to deliver on key business goals that ensure regulatory compliance and unlock growth.
We're generating vast amounts of data every day. We use this data to inform everything we do: ensure balance in the marketplace, identify ways to continually make the Uber experience better for drivers and riders, deploy incentives and promotions, understand customer behavior, develop and launch new product offerings, and more. Strategic Operations Managers develop functional business strategies, such as how we comply with regulatory requirements, build and scale processes, manage local markets, and identify operational weaknesses.
With fiercely regulated markets including New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Massachusetts, among others, our work spans Policy, Legal, Privacy, Customer Support, Litigation, and Marketplace teams. Some regulatory themes you might handle in this role include: labor, congestion, driver access, trip fees, safety, fraud, and electric vehicles.
What You'll Do
• Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in business decision-making
• Execute on business critical regulatory and compliance processes to ensure we meet our legal obligations, including reporting, payments and audits
• Identify business priorities such as growth opportunities or operational weaknesses and help drive the team's strategy and improve or innovate processes
• Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting
• Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
• Collaborate with local and other Central Operations teams, as well as policy, legal, marketing, product, and other functions, to ensure that insights inform broader critical initiatives
• This role demands strong stakeholder and project management skills, as well as the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance
• Own business strategies as well as local market strategies and be responsible for monitoring, correcting, and executing business processes
• Bachelor's degree required
• At least 3 years of demonstrated experience
• Data-first problem solver with excellent Excel / data management skills
• 4+ years of experience in strategy / consulting / business intelligence or related experience.
• Some high-growth operations, tech, or startup experience
• SQL strongly preferred
• Experience with data manipulation and analysis skills via spreadsheets
• Clear Communicator with ability to work across business functions
• Self-motivated, works well independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
• Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).