|Category||People & Places|
|City||New York City|
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Diversity & Inclusion team advances diversity and inclusion strategies across Uber, while our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) help employees connect and build community.
About the Team
Uber's Global Diversity & Inclusion team is passionate about ensuring that we are prioritizing the vast array of differences that drive our innovation and growing a culture of inclusion that helps to celebrate those differences. We have an immediate requirement for a dedicated Program Manager to drive operational and tactical efforts within our Racial Equity Program. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, D&I Operations, this role will work collaboratively and cross-functionally to lead multiple workstreams, timelines, and deliverables as well as communications with internal partners. This role is US-based, can be a remote worker within the Diversity & Inclusion team, and will work with teams in various time zones.
What You'll Do
• Partner and advise closely with Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Racial Equity Leadership Council (RELC) Chair, Advisor(s) to the Chair, the RELC members, and RELC Project Managers to determine solutions and strategize for the sustained future and expansion of the Racial Equity Program
• Implement progress updates from the PM's (and other relevant documents as \"sources of truths\") and aggregate data and progress in Asana to report to the RELC Chair and the Racial Equity Leadership Council
• Build and be responsible for the agendas for planning, RELC monthly, and PM bi-monthly meetings
• Find opportunities to improve program documentation, flow, and efficiency
• Build and/or provide reporting structure, process, templates (as needed), and relevant resources for PM's
• Mentor PM's as needed through risk & mitigation and identify when to raise issues to the RELC Chair and Advisor(s) to the Chair
• Coordinate and consolidate dedication status updates and presentations for the CEO, other senior leaders, and various organizations
• Collaborate with RELC Chair and Advisor(s) to the Chair to guide and execute change management
• Proactively and consistently prepare project status updates - anticipate, flag issues and risks, and recommend mitigation plans
• Lead and maintain project documentation for the program
• Draft influential communications for senior-level leaders, key customers, team members, and PM's
• Perform other related tasks, as assigned
• 8-10 years of professional experience
• 5+ years of Project Management experience
• 2 years of experience in Legal or paralegal capacity, a plus
• 2 years of experience in Diversity & Inclusion, a plus
• Highly collaborative and a critical problem solver
• Strong time management skills - shown ability to organize, prioritize, and balance multiple projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver clear, concise communications and presentations to executive customers
• Strong listening skills to understand root cause issues and risks to help in problem-solving
• Proficient in Google Suite and strong excel skills required
• Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).