About the Role
We are launching an exciting new team to grow our Grocery & New Verticals business in the US&C, and we need people like you to help us bring this team to life! Our New Verticals Merchant Operations Manager will drive the development of critical insights, crafting strategies, and scaling the most impactful and innovative business initiatives to build the Grocery & New Verticals business in the US & Canada. This is particularly important as we venture into new business opportunities (e.g. grocery, retail) that require innovative approaches to our merchant growth. This role will work closely with cross-functional counterparts and external parties to lead high impact initiatives while offering ownership and autonomy over your work.
What You'll Do
• Unlock the ability to expand geographically and to new business verticals, with a focus on Merchant onboarding, experience, and growth
• Coordinate with the Product team to prioritize and iterate on new tech features that improve the Merchant and User experience
• Experiment and scale with initiatives to improve business operations and profitability
• Track performance against OKRs across the territory
• Develop tools and training to enable sellers and account managers to optimize their results
• 1+ years of professional work experience in a related field (consulting, operations, strategy, analytics, tech, investment banking)
• Strong Excel/Google Sheets or SQL proficiency
• Bachelor degree
• Strong experience building and executing complex processes
• Experience with quantitative data analysis, deep measurable insights, modeling, and sophisticated test plan design and analysis
• Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly develop strategies and make decisions
• Strong communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting data & insights to a sophisticated audience
• Strong collaboration and partner management skills - building deep, trust-based relationships with territory and cross functional teams
• Experience working closely and communicating effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
• High energy working style and optimistic attitude
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).