|Category||Safety, Security & Insurance|
About the Role
We are seeking an analytically-minded, organized, and motivated individual to join Uber's Central Safety team to focus on a wide range of sophisticated safety issues! The team owns the development of Uber's global safety programs and standards and is looking for someone to help identify, catalog, and develop mitigation strategies for emerging safety risks related to User Identity.
The Central Safety team's mission is to make Uber the safest platform for mobility and delivery and to support the safe and sustainable growth of the business. As an advocate of Safety, the Global Safety Program Manager will identify and launch programs which help to ensure a safe experience for, across our global marketplace and various product offerings.
As the world recovers from the pandemic, Uber will lead the way for new safety norms for ridesharing and delivery services. In 2020, Uber shifted gears to bring grocery, convenience, prescriptions, personal care, alcohol, and more local commerce into the UberEats app alongside restaurants. Offering all of these options to consumers and making billions of deliveries all over the world is incredible, but comes with unique safety challenges - from verifying the identity of Uber users who purchase alcohol, to understanding the safety-related nuances that come with delivering food on a bicycle during rush hour.
What You'll Do
• Act as the owner for User Identity, defining the problem space and risk profile, recommending safety controls to address gaps, and rigorously setting, scoring, and overseeing key program goals and objectives
• Think strategically about long-term scale and adaptability of identity programs, utilizing cross-functional expertise internally as well as external industry-leading practices
• Identify operational and structural weaknesses and design mitigating strategies and controls
• Develop minimum safety requirements or standards across our primary lines of business
• Take an analytical approach towards issue identification, root cause analysis, understanding of safety controls performance
• Plan and execute monthly safety reviews for all mega-regions related to your program
• Work with stakeholders in the Operations and Safety organizations to promote, change, and deploy new tools and strategies
• Develop relationships with functional leaders and key cross-functional partners across global operations, product, and global safety support
• A minimum of 4 years of industry or consulting experience in identity verification or screenings, or related consulting experience in project or program management, or global operations, or related fields
• Excellent analytical skills, preferably including SQL
• Self-motivation with a strong affinity for vision setting, strategic problem solving and driving action
• Shown success in uncovering data to advise decisions with a customer-first mentality
• Influential presentation skills, with the ability to tell clear, compelling stories out of complex issues and analysis
• Experience running cross-functional projects and teams, powered by analytical insights
• Ability to craft processes in a face paced environment without a prescribed template
• Passion for Safety as it relates to all parties interacting with the Uber platform!
• MBA or Master's degree a plus
• Previous experience with transportation or road safety a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).