About the Role
Uber is creating a new team within their Performance Marketing group focussed on extracting value from our huge quantity of marketing data. This role will be the cornerstone of that team focussing on how to use 1st and 3rd party platforms to build impactful datasets out of our elemental data. This role will put to use your technical skills working with Data technologies with a good ability to understand the business impact of the data.
A successful candidate is a proactive problem solver who is flexible working in an agile, fast-paced environment. You should have a validated ability to make sense out of large quantities of/ data and build systems to synthesize and simplify that data. You should have comfort working with different partners like marketing, engineering and product teams. You will proactively identify new areas of improvements that will help improve the tools, data quality, reliability and marketing efficiency as well as effectively handle a backlog.
What You'll Do
• Understand our marketing event data to participate in suggesting platform improvements and understanding data complexity and how it can be better led.
• Be able to build data ingestion pipelines, integrations in an agile manner using technologies such as Apache Spark, HIVE, and are a SQL professional.
• Work closely with data scientists and analysts to understand gaps in our datasets and propose solutions to fill them in
• Maintain and operate the data pipelines underlying the datasets this team creates/owns
• Mentor and lead a team of marketing data technologists to fully support this space
• Superb communication skills to help guide non technical partners.
• 4+ years of work experience in data analyst, technical solutions, engineering or other technical positions.
• BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, Advertising, Marketing or other subject areas with demonstrated technical exposure
• Excellent quantitative skills and comfort with data exploration tools such as Excel, SQL, Python, Hive, Spark etc.
• Proficiency with Tableau or other dashboard building tool (Visualising the data for customer understanding)
• Experience with performance marketing data & aptitude to expand technical skills -- including exposure to data stores , ETL & querying frameworks (MySQL & Hive) and producing technical stacks
• Scripting abilities with Python etc would be a plus.
• Proficiency is dealing with large volume of data and find ways to speed up program keeping in mind data security
• Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a tenacious commitment to finding the root cause of issues.
• Outstanding communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a manner that is easy for marketers and non-technical partners to understand and vice versa
• Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments -- collaboratively and autonomously
• Basic understanding app and web tracking data for performance marketing.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).