About the Role
The Analytics & Insights team powers data-driven decision making across Uber's Community Operations (CommOps) team. Our Analytics & Insights (A&I) team is currently looking to hire for both our global team. As a Data Analyst on the Global CommOps Team, you will shape and influence a world class experience for our customers interacting with support at Uber.
You will drive analyses behind company-wide decisions related to our community's support experience; and build scalable processes and systems that enable internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate data and act upon insights. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of high-priority projects, and have exposure to multiple stakeholders within (Operations, Product and Engineering) and outside Uber (support agents, customers). Additionally, you will uncover insights from support interactions to drive product and operational improvements.
For this role you should have excellent analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information for stakeholders at all levels of the business.
What You'll Do:
• Drive analysis on various projects to improve the experience of our customers and support agents
• Own data analysis and visualization, and communicate the outcomes/insights to various stakeholders to aid strategic decisions for improvements in support experience for drivers and riders
• Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep local teams as efficient as possible
• Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
• Develop analytical frameworks to support decision making in the US and Canada
• Partner closely with specific Lines of Businesses to provide insights that drive decisions around process, policy and service model
• Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting & models
• Minimum 3 years of experience in analytics, business intelligence, data engineering, or a similar role
• BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, Operations Research, or other quantitative focus (or equivalent work experience)
• Ability to code complex SQL queries
• Experience with Python / R preferred
• Analyze advanced A/B testing data (exposure to experimental design is a plus)
• High-growth analytics or operations experience
• Experience working in a support environment (contact management analytics, Zendesk API familiarity, etc.)
• Experience in reporting-based software, such as Shiny or Tableau
• Exceptional Excel/Google Sheets & data management experience
• Programming languages such as R and/or Python
• Exceptional communication and organization skills
• Experience focusing on delivering actionable insights to stakeholders and/or customers
• Strong organization & project management skills. Able to structure a project from idea to design/prototype to implementation
• Experience building pipelines and ETLs that transform structured and unstructured data sets in large-scale, complex datasets (Hadoop, Hive, Vertica, Presto) into meaningful data models
• Experience working with customer support data, contact management analytics or customer insights
About the Team
The Global Analytics & Insights team is the central Analytics and Insights (A&I) team for CommOps. We have three broad purposes - (1) Own CommOps' data integrity and quality, and metrics definitions and reporting, (2) Advise CommOps leadership's priorities by generating high-value analytical insights, (3) Support CommOps global teams' A&I needs. Our projects are typically broad in scope, which means there is tremendous opportunity to make a huge impact on the business.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).