About the Job
The Tracking Operations team is pioneering how Uber Freight handles shipper and carrier partner support, and we're looking for someone to lead our Customer Support Representatives. This person will provide phone/email/chat support to our carrier and shipper partners. We aim to build contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to carriers, drivers, and shippers. Uber Freight relies on customer support departments to address our customers' toughest issues, handle escalated situations on various issues, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes. This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management and continuous process improvement. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead a team of equally driven individuals
What You'll Do
• Lead, motivate, and develop excellent teams of Customer Support Representatives within a time-sensitive and fast paced environment to deliver on operational key performance indicators.
• Stay present and available for your team (~10 representatives); this includes covering the floor, answering questions, hosting weekly 1-on-1 meetings, and providing real-time feedback
• Mentor CSRs and drive performance to serve our customer and carrier communities
• Audit your team's performance with weekly audits and coach towards progressive improvements; find opportunities for additional training & development
• Manage enforcement of policies, including attendance; create and distribute reports to Freight management, provide Senior Leadership with daily snapshots of performance; escalate issues to Senior Leadership as necessary
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert - Identify trending issues head-on and guide CSRs to do the same in their daily work
• Partner with internal customers in meeting customer account-specific goals
• Bachelor's degree or college experience preferred. Bachelor's in Business, Communications
• Willingness to work weekends, early mornings, late nights, and occasional holidays, in an operational 24/7 environment
• Proven ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
• Motivational skills - your team depends on you to inspire them to reach their full potential. You don't let the stressors of the customer service industry negatively impact team attitude or morale
• Experience in transportation, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
• Past experience leading and managing diverse teams of individuals
• Experience rallying individuals behind a cause
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).