About the Role
As a Backend Software Engineer on Freight, you will create a scalable architecture and implement algorithms in our applications that power our independent drivers, shippers, sales and operations teams to transport freight across the world. You will be developing scalable backend micro-services and partner with Product Managers & Data Scientists to bring Algorithmic solutions to our users. At your disposal will be the tools that helped Uber grow to be a worldwide company, as well as new and upcoming tech from our Compute, Platform and Machine Learning teams.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
• Hands on product development working with product team and tech lead
• Review code and participate in sprint deliverables
• Responsible to think and design/refactor coding patterns
• Maintain high bar for code quality
• Minimum of 4+ years software engineering experience
• Experience developing highly scalable backend microservices
• Experience with Go, C++, Java
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience
• Knowledge of data structure and algorithms and an ability to use them practically when implementing solutions
• Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
• Knowledge of the logistics and freight industry a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).