|State||District of Columbia|
About the Role
Uber is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our US & Canada Rides Operations team. If you love solving ambiguous problems from both 30,000 feet and deep in the data, managing projects to deliver strategically meaningful results, and mastering the breadth of our pricing tools and product portfolio, this is the role for you.
Our Marketplace team is responsible for understanding the performance of our city marketplaces, diagnosing issues, recommending and implementing solutions, making pricing and customer promotions decisions, and managing our budget for customer promotions.
We're hiring for both our Rider Marketplace & Growth Products teams.
Rider Marketplace is responsible for the strategy and execution of Rider Pricing and Incentives. This includes understanding customer needs, making pricing decisions, creating and launching rider promotions, managing the budget for rider incentives, and maintaining the price levels needed to hit demand targets.
The Growth Products team is responsible for our large and expanding portfolio of growth-oriented products like Comfort, Connect, Hourly, and many more. This includes understanding customer needs, diagnosing the health of each marketplace, making pricing decisions, creating and launching rider and driver promotions, determining which of our existing and new marketplace features make sense for these products, and more. By making pricing, promotion, and other marketplace decisions for secondary products, our team materially influences the strategy and positioning for these growing products. This individual will work closely with other teams across Marketplace and Rider Ops, Product, Data Science, and Marketing, among others.
What You'll Do
• Drive business strategy within functional areas and create new scalable, efficient frameworks with measurable results
• Lead projects across a wide range of stakeholders, managing ambiguity and setting project plans and priorities
• Act as a subject matter expert on our pricing portfolio and our product portfolio, proposing creative new pricing strategies for our growth products
• Develop data analyses that you will use to make key business decisions
• Generate hypotheses, run experiments, and build lasting processes
• Build and communicate detailed reporting, insights, and recommendations to senior management and cross-functional partners
• 3+ years of experience in strategy / consulting / business intelligence / analytics / operations / startup or related experience
• Data-first problem solver with strong SQL and Google Sheets proficiency
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Strong attention to detail, history of delivering high-quality output, and comfort with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment
• Self-motivated, works independently and possesses strong organization and prioritization skills
• Proven track record balancing critical tasks and consistently delivering
• Works well with others in the spirit of getting things done
• Strong communication and project management skills
• Ability to distill complex data into simple and digestible takeaways for senior leaders and managers
• Experience working with strategy development, weighing tradeoffs, and making confident recommendations and plans
• Experience with Python or other scripting programming languages
• Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
• Ability to operate on a lean team and willingness to roll up sleeves
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).