About the Role
With New Verticals, we're building Uber's fastest growing, and our next 10^10, business. Global in scope, with a focus on our largest potential grocery and other new verticals markets, the team is responsible for all grocery and new verticals operations/sales/strategy across markets and also manages our integrated operations and efforts with Cornershop. Today, our focus is on the 10 priority markets of the US, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, UK, FR, Australia, Japan and Taiwan. This scrappy, nimble and high performing team is tasked with building a sustainable high growth business as we expand from restaurants to other high growth verticals.
We are looking to hire an Operations & Strategy Manager who is passionate about building and scaling our Operations within New Verticals, Uber's fastest growing business.
This role will focus on driving key pivotal customer initiatives to optimize investments, increasing riders and eaters conversion to groceries, and to leverage the power of the platform to new verticals, resulting in sustained growth.
What You'll Do
• Strategy - Develop and execute initiatives to drive customer acquisition, retention and engagement, understanding what are the customer perception and habits, and what will drive adoption. This includes a continuous review of our campaigns, supporting sustainable growth to be1 in this competitive market.
• Analytics - Build dashboards and scalable internal tools that will be the foundations to improve our team's visibility of main metrics and, hence, their productivity
• Analyze - Build models to evaluate initiatives performance and customer behavior, propose A/B tests and budget allocation
• Influence - Be the primary point of contact for national, regional and global teams, as well as own discussions with Product through analyses and business cases.
What You'll Need
• Fluent in English
• A minimum of four years experience a combination of strategy, operations and project/program management
• Proficiency in SQL
• Experience working with large sets of unstructured data and synthesizing into business insights (e.g., using SQL, Excel, Salesforce).
• Analytical orientation, with an aptitude for framing business questions with data, translating business needs into strategies, and executing tactics and process improvements.
• Skilled ability communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to build consensus with cross-functional partners
• Experience with customer acquisition, account management, and support processes, systems, and datasets
• Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy and process standardization using strong documentation. You lean in and embrace the details to map processes, clean data, and even review code!
• You are skilled at project management such that you can easily balance urgent versus important requests, and you flourish with ambiguity.
• You must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
• Being fluent in Spanish is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.