Our Design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves, and we design for users around the world of all backgrounds and abilities.
About the Role
Uber Rides Studio is seeking an experienced manager to lead a group of researchers, designers, and writers focused on Earner Engagement, Earnings, Driving & Delivery. Beneath our apps is an internationally diverse world of amazing cities, transportation logistics, market making, and interactions among drivers, riders, and businesses.
You will collaborate with design leads and cross-functional partners to help shape the vision and strategies behind some of the most important and exciting initiatives in the company. You'll be working with the design team who will be remote now but mainly located in San Francisco and will help them deliver smart products and grow as creative professionals. From high-level critical thinking to evaluating research, interaction, and visual design execution, this role will enable you to change elevations and impact the business.
What You'll Do
• You will manage a staff-level portfolio of work, and helping others become outstanding designers, writers, and researchers.
• Help product teams ship high-quality designs with minimal impact on velocity.
• Drive best practices in overall experiences and product design -- way beyond the visual.
• Coach designers to become the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering while also developing their competencies at envisioning what could be.
• Hire excellent designers and researchers who can take Uber to new levels of excellence.
• Influence the entire design and product teams, not just your team.
• 6+ years of experience and at least 2+ of management experience
• Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills
• Experience leading and growing product design teams
• MS or Ph.D. degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Computer Science or a related field
• Extensive experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research crafted to improve the user experience of smartphone apps
• Previous experience driving research programs that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions
• Ability to mentor junior and senior designers, researchers, and writers to bring out their best work
• Demonstrated experience in remaining organized and strategically scaling the way your teamwork
• Demonstrated expertise in experimental design
• Experience in taking products from concept stages to launch.
• Proven problem-solving experience and experience overcoming challenges.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).