About the Role
Eva is the real-time data analytics platform for Uber powered by Apache Pinot and Presto. We host top-tier business critical use-cases such as external facing dashboards like the[ Eats Restaurant Manager](http://restaurant.uber.com/), in-app features such as eats search history and the orders-near-you carousel, and critical operational platforms for various business orgs such as Rides, Eats, Freight, Infra, etc. Our system supports sub-second SQL analytics with very high throughput (> 1000 QPS) over fresh data (< 5min SLA).
As part of the Eva team, you will have a direct role in launching user-facing analytics based features and critical operational dashboards that will impact multiple business lines. You will also have the opportunity to represent Uber and collaborate in open source communities for Apache Pinot and Presto, two of the hottest technologies in the Big Data and real-time analytics space today.
What the Candidate Will Do ----
• Build and manage large, reliable, and performant production deployments of Apache Pinot and Presto.
• Work with related data infrastructure technologies like Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, Apache Spark, HDFS, etc.
• Design and implement distributed and real-time algorithms for low-latency large scale data processing.
• Work with partner teams within Uber to help them build, deploy, and manage business critical real-time analytics applications at scale.
• Contribute and actively engage in open source communities for Apache Pinot and Presto.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 2+ years of experience building large scale distributed software systems.
• Solid understanding of Java for backend / systems software development.
• MS / PhD in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience managing production systems with a strong availability SLA.
• Working knowledge of SQL and data analytics at scale.
• Experience working with Apache Pinot, Apache Druid, Presto, Apache Flink, Apache Spark or similar analytics technologies.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).