The Developer Security team's job is to help developers write secure code without friction. The tools we focus on include crypto, mobile security and development tools. We function as subject-matter specialists on secure development and drive the company to be more secure with less effort.
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer I with technical depth and entrepreneurial spirit to join Developer Security! Make impact by building systems that help engineers protect customers and data. You will use your deep knowledge and engineering skills to design, build, and sustain innovative solutions and platforms which empower all engineers at Uber to build quickly and securely.
What the Candidate Will Do
• Help us design, build and expand our clients and systems that facilitate security operations such as encryption, signing, verification and related capabilities
• Design and build tools that support secure development at Uber
• Give technical guidance and collaborate with the team
• Act as a domain expert for security training material
• Contribute to operational excellence (write and revise Runbooks, Documentation)
• Join the on-call rotation to support our team's services and applications
• 4+ years of experience as a software engineer, systems engineer or site reliability engineer
• Experience driving large projects over long time periods
• Experience with tuning the performance of applications in a service oriented architecture
• Experience with at least one high-level programming language (e.g., golang, Java)
• Experience with crypto systems, including encryption clients, key management, encryption at rest
• Love teaching, mentoring and pairing -- you have thoughts about the best ways to teach and learn
• Experience with building tooling for developers
• Experience in systems engineering or as a site reliability engineer at an organization with large-scale infrastructure and significant traffic or transaction volume
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).