About the Role
We are looking for current students to join Uber Freight as a UX Design Research Intern for 16 weeks beginning Fall 2021!
During your fall internship with us -- you will be embedded within a highly collaborative and cohesive team. We're looking for an intern who has a knack for prioritizing multiple high-touch projects without losing sight of the individual nuances of each aspect of the task at hand.
What You'll Do
• Conduct qualitative research (user studies, interviews, ethnography, secondary research) on multiple aspects of how users experience Uber Freight products
• Plan, and execute impactful research that meets partner objectives and needs
• Present research findings and recommendations to project partners through written reports and oral presentations, and demonstrate impact
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence
• Work with the core UX teams to turn user insights into meaningful recommendations
• Strong capability to gain the trust of teams and show the benefit of research
• Answer partner questions and represent the findings uncovered during research
• BA/BS student in Computer Science, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field with at least one semester/quarter remaining to complete
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
• 0-2 years of prior work experience or exposure in a research setting
• Organized, detail oriented and able to work independently on multiple projects at once
• Excellent assessment and analysis skills
• Show strength with office efficiency tools including email, web browser, web apps, spreadsheets/word processors/slides (Google Apps)
• Strong interest in and familiarity with technology products
• Design aptitude
• Self starter, taking initiative keeping relevant partners in the loop
• Open to feedback, excellent at implementing them back into one's work quickly
• Quantitative skills are a plus
About the Team
In the bigger picture, your work will focus on improving Uber Freight products such as the carrier app, the Shipper platform, or internal tools that empower our Operations teams.
You are encouraged to identify new opportunities for user experience improvements. We strive to understand the inherent behaviors of our users and translate them into product guidelines. You will be empowered to run your own studies, advocate for product and design changes, and ultimately guide our product vision forward through data-driven insights.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.