About the Role
The Uber Research Team is hiring Senior User Experience Researchers to help us fulfill our mission to deeply understand people and context to champion customer obsession and define the future of Uber. In this role, your mission is to drive insights to shape important product decisions through your outstanding insights about people, technology, and services in our current and future world. You will have a deep impact across a wide variety of business and technology decisions spanning multiple initiatives and locations. You'll work on the heart of what makes Uber magical for riders and drivers globally! You'll play an integral role in crystallizing user problems, project vision, and strategy to find inspiring new ways to Uber's outstanding mobility and delivery options.
What You Will Do
• Work with our Product and Design teams to creatively identify and explore new opportunities to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
• Design and conduct foundational, formative, and evaluative qualitative and quantitative user research
• Pioneer research methods when creative methods are vital
• Collaborate with a diverse group of cross-functional product, design, engineer, and product marketing partners to achieve alignment and impact
• Synthesize and communicate research findings to drive understanding and user empathy across the organization
• Use your expertise to teach your quantitative and qualitative methods to other members of this team
• 5+ years of professional experience conducting user research
• Master's or Ph.D. Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field; or BA/BS and equivalent industry experience in a product-centric environment
• Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that domain
• Previous experience driving research programs that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions
• Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate research findings to cross-functional teams and leadership.
• Experience with mixed methods - both qualitative and quantitative - with a focus on more strategic research
• Previous experience conducting research in other global regions and working on products with global impact
• Ability to travel within the United States and internationally
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).