About the Role
As part of product Quality focus, rolling out defect free releases along with precise triaging i.e scoping and sizing bugs for pre and post production is the key parameter to action on customer problems and create great customer experience. Keeping that in mind, our goal is to move from the current scenario of heuristic based approach to more robust data based approach so that at the triage stage itself, we can help to prioritize and resolve customer issues faster and better.
What the Candidate Will Do:
You will perform a range of activities to analyze bugs data sources to improve business efficiency & effectiveness and deliver qualitative insights, you will be partnering with engineering/DS/Product teams to build analytics solutions
The ideal candidate is experienced working with large data sets and data visualization, as well as being passionate about data and analytics. Following would be what you will do day-to-day:
• Embed on a team within the GSS bugs management group and develop expertise around all aspects of their data
• Work independently and with team members to understand database structure and business processes
• Perform extensive data validation/quality assurance analysis within large datasets
• Has strong business acumen and think holistically about the business and how analytics fits within the larger vision
• Prioritise multiple projects, anticipates challenges, remove blockers
• Deep dive into ambiguous bugs data and uncover hard-to-find trends, synthesize insights to clearly tell the data story
• Demonstrate high level of accountability
• Well-versed with a range of techniques (regression, classification, clustering) and processes and internal tools, partner with engg/product/DS teams
• Produce write ups and white papers with rigor and clearly describe analysis and models
• Act as a bridge between your team and the data engineering teams, you will ensure that proper data structures / solutions are built to draw insights and its fully validated
• Get pumped up by deciphering huge data sets and cutting through irrelevant distractions to the heart of the core data questions on bugs
• Attention to detail, accuracy is a must!
• Foster alignment, consensus with the team, set a great example for collaboration with teams outside your own
• Minimum 8 years experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
• Expert knowledge in Python or R and complex SQL queries;experience working with large data sets and Hive database
• Expertise in text mining and modeling
• Works independently on problems covering the breadth of the of the problem space
• Should be a team player and being able to review team's work
• Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones
• Being able to raise the bar for quality/efficiency within the team
What you need:
• BS / Masters in Maths, statistics, science or any other quantitative discipline
• Expertise in Statistical Data Analysis and Hypothesis Testing
• Strong debugging skills, focus on code, analysis review, source control and testing
• Experience working with Product Management and Engineering
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.