About the Role
As part of product Quality focus, rolling out defect free releases along with precise triaging i.e scoping and sizing bugs for pre and post production is the key parameter to action on customer problems and create great customer experience. Keeping that in mind our goal is to move from the current scenario of heuristic based approach to more robust data based approach so that at the triage stage itself, we can help to prioritize and resolve customer issues faster and better.
What the Candidate Will Do:
You will perform a range of activities to analyze bugs data sources to improve business efficiency & effectiveness and deliver qualitative insights, you will be partnering with engineering/DS/Product teams to build analytics solutions
The ideal candidate is experienced working with large data sets and data visualization, as well as being passionate about data and analytics. Following would be what you will do day-to-day:
• Embed on a team within the GSS bugs management group and develop expertise around all aspects of their data
• Deep dive into a historical bugs data to understand their sources, feature sets, identify patterns
• Write queries, perform ad hoc analysis and create reporting to ensure the team is moving towards smarter decisions
• Creating runbooks for triagers to size repetitive bugs
• Act as a bridge between your team and the data engineering teams, you will ensure that proper data structures / solutions are built to draw insights and its fully validated
• Get pumped up by deciphering huge data sets and cutting through irrelevant distractions to the heart of the core data questions on bugs
• Attention to detail, accuracy is a must!
• Humble and scrappy - not afraid to take on lower level projects when it will clear roadblocks for the team
• Demonstrate good documentation practices being able to meet deadlines
• Minimum 5 years experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role
• Ability to code Python or R and complex SQL queries;experience working with large data sets and Hive database
• Experience in text mining and modeling
• Fluency in communicating data insights (Methods, Results & Actions) with the peer group
• Should be a team player and being able to multitask
• Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones
• Being able to raise the bar for quality/efficiency within the team
What you need:
• BS / Masters in Maths, statistics, science or any other quantitative discipline
• Expertise in Statistical Data Analysis and Hypothesis Testing
• Experience working with Product Management and Engineering
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.