About the Role
Many Drivers rely on Uber as their primary and flexible earnings source. To deliver on our value proposition as a flexible earnings platform, it is critical we reliably and clearly communicate what has been, and could be, earned to each and every driver on the platform. Information about earnings is the foundation by which drivers are able to set and track their goals and make tradeoffs about when and where to drive.
As part of the earnings reliability team, you will have direct responsibility for vital systems and processes. You will take ownership of key features and initiatives in designing and building high quality, scalable systems in making earnings reliable and efficient. Your work will directly impact the lives of Uber's partners (drivers, couriers), riders, eaters, and operations teams across the globe.
What You'll Do
• You'll work with your teammates in a disciplined agile development environment to solve diverse technical challenges.
• As a Fullstack engineer you will build products and services that are highly available and scalable to serve our customers.
• Design and build web applications with the latest web technologies - React, GraphQL, Flow, CSS in JS, node.js and leveraging open source frameworks built by Uber such as Base UI , styletron, and Fusion.js to build compelling solutions.
• Execute on user experience and user interface solutions which support global screenings, with a focus on quality, efficiency and scalability.
• You will work with others in the team to maintain the health of our systems and code base, keep development hygienes, refactor and make improvements, keep our systems robust and resilient.
• Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What You'll Need
We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
• Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language and are happy to learn more. At the core of modern web applications at Uber is Fusion.js, a web framework for building high quality universal React/Node applications.
• Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture.
• A team player attitude. You believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement and you help others by returning the favor.
• Experience building complex single-page applications
• Experience building complex React applications
• Experience with GraphQL
• Background in building high performance, scalable distributed systems.
• Knowledge in one of the backend languages: Java, Python, Golang
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.