|Category||Finance & Accounting|
The Senior Tax Analyst will work closely with our India or Global Tax team, Legal team, Treasury team, Internal Audit, Finance Operations team and external consultants to ensure local reporting compliance and accuracy for assigned entities within the region. You will perform activities that include (but are not limited to) delivery of accurate and complete information to our compliance partners, preparation of monthly and quarterly tax returns and registrations, support statutory external audits and perform other ad-hoc activities including tax audit support, per prescribed due dates. The role will report to the Reporting Manager / Head of Reporting and Compliance and work closely with other members of the reporting and tax team to manage requests and support the Reporting function. The Senior Tax Analyst responsibility extends to working closely with the third party global reporting and compliance partner(s) for the assigned entities to drive efficiency for this function.
• Maintains a project plan and calendar for all compliance deadlines in conjunction with our global compliance partner to ensure adherence to all deadlines.
• Understands our business, operating model and processes in relation to local regulations and requirements. Works closely with our compliance partner to ensure changes to local requirements are communicated and understood.
• Work closely with the Finance Ops to review and manage the TDS and GST compliance for India
• Works closely with the third party global compliance partner to ensure accurate and complete information is provided in a timely manner. Manages all requests for information and data to support preparation of reporting deliverables and ad-hoc requests.
• Identifies process improvements which will increase efficiency or address service levels with the compliance partner as needed.
• Has an understanding of the requirements (and changes to) US GAAP to STAT conversion for assigned entities and prepares the monthly US GAAP to STAT adjustments entries, ensuring that they are processed in the STAT books timely.
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements and management reporting - ensuring all monthly adjustments to the US GAAP ledger are reviewed by the Reporting Manager.
• Provide inputs and co-ordinates the testing of controls related to ICFR.
• Responsible for providing explanations on periodical variance analysis of specific entities.
• Monitors status on all compliance deadlines on a daily basis and communicates any concerns and anticipated issues to India SA Reporting Manager, seeking to resolve wherever possible.
• Prepares for and participates in, weekly compliance calls with the regional team.
• Supports information requests related to new country and product launches as needed.
• Works independently to research and resolve individual inquiries related to such requests liaising with accounting and tax as needed.
• Stays abreast of regional reporting developments to ensure requirements, current process and reporting remains relevant.
• Review of Statutory GL account reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis and select US GAAP balance sheet GL account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• 5+ years professional experience, with 1+ years relevant month-end close experience
• A strong understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, principles and tax
• Team player, have ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
• Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
• Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
• Excellent project and time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
• Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
• CPA / CA / ICWA equivalent qualification preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.