About the Role
Uber Direct is a new business that focuses on last-mile delivery across all verticals - Online Food Delivery, GroCo, Retail, Ecommerce, and rapidly growing the ways in which Uber connects the world. Even internally, Direct requires the organization to think creatively as we interact with and lead partners from Rides, Uber for Business and New Verticals. Our goal is to set the momentum that will transform Direct into a profitable business by EOY'21.
This role will be a part of the Eats Operations Team in Brazil, but it's going to be working very closely with the Strategic Initiatives team, who handles the incubation and the implementation of high-impact innovative projects for Uber Eats in LATAM.
What You'll Do:
• Analyze Data - With the help of Uber's rich dataset, you will need to monitor market performance, understand our customers challenges and always look for ways to improve the operations and find risks that may have a meaningful impact on the business. You will be responsible for building analytical frameworks and operational models to a close control and operation improvement
• Build & Optimize Process - Lead the operationalization and executional excellence in Brazil. Build from scratch all marketplace processes to ensure that we are seeking for the best in class flawless operation and unit economics. You'll be working closely with the Operation and Commercial teams to improve both Merchants and Courier (delivery person) experience
• Grow Uber Direct in Brazil - Constantly seeking solutions for this new product. Your processes and projects will directly contribute to the business growth
• English and Portuguese professional proficiency
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in operations, consulting, banking, logistics or other hyper-growth startups is preferred
• Critical and analytical thinking, ability to deal with data (reports, experiments, pricing models) and scaling processes
• Experience with data-based decision-making - exercising good judgement in ambiguous circumstances and effectively communicating across a diverse team
• Strong Excel skills or other database experience.Comfortable learning and using new software tools (e.g SQL)
• Previous experiences that prove your sense of ownership, a getting-things-done approach and the ability to go from high-level business strategy to tactical execution several times during a regular week
• Previous experience in managing people would be nice to have
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.