About the Role
We are looking for someone to manage our Public Policy efforts in Japan, reporting directly to our Japan Director of Public Policy.
At Uber, working with external partners is business critical and has a real impact in our markets. Policy at Uber is for people who are keen to have skin in the game on business decisions and are passionate about being an advocate for change.
Our Public Policy team is responsible for working with policymakers and third parties to make the positive case for change. That's partly about cultivating positive relationships in Japan to help unlock the full potential of our technology. It is also about determining the best local regulatory framework and developing campaigns to achieve positive reform.
What You'll Do
• Analyze the public policy movements which affect our Rides and Eats business including road transportation policy, road safety policy, food safety policy and platform regulations.
• Strongly promote our initiatives by communicating internal stakeholders and external stakeholders including regulators.
• Support other teams initiatives from the perspectives of public policy.
• Communicate internal stakeholders for better understanding of our activities.
Who You'll Be
• A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things change fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
• A great advocate: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You'll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories--about our product, people and the ways we're helping to improve life for customers, partners and cities.
• An expert negotiator: An ideal candidate will know how to navigate complex partnerships in both the private and public sector spheres, creating outcome where everybody wins.
• A strong campaigner: At Uber, we are trying to accelerate cities toward the future of urban mobility. To do that, you'll need to put together proactive campaigns involving riders, drivers and delivery-partners and third parties that demonstrate there's a better alternative to the status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do and a willingness to engage constructively in the debate.
• A phenomenal teammate: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we are looking for well organized people who love working with others to get things done--and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
What You'll Need
• Ideally you would have at least 6-7 years of experience in government affairs and policy. We are open to people who have experience in another area, who have a deep understanding of these issues and may be looking for a career change.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.