We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our Cloud Security organization! This innovator will tackle, producing an autonomous policy driven security strategy to build security into our cloud services, from design, through implementation to release, supporting multiple cloud service providers.
What You'll Do
• Design and implement provider-agnostic cloud security solutions for monitoring, vulnerability remediation, and attack surface analysis and -reduction
• Collaborate with engineering organizations on secure-by-default cloud architecture solutions
• Define and lead central security policies for our cloud infrastructure
• Drive companywide security initiatives; manage partner- and customer outreach and training programs
Who You Are
You immerse yourself in all aspects of security. You are a domain expert, who brings deep technical experience and organization to everything they do and is passionate about bringing the world's best minds together to solve crazy hard problems.
• Experience with one or more major cloud service provider (AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure)
• Deep understanding of cloud service architecture and -security concepts
• Extensive experience building security solutions, ideally for cloud services
• Ability to define and implement automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
• Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies
• Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
• Ability to communicate ideas and proposals concisely, both verbally and written, to executives
• Source Control Expertise across Organizations (Git)
• CI/CD Pipeline experience
• Programmatic Integration with Ticketing and Asset Management systems
• Experience with software vulnerabilities, how CVEs are reported, and how they relate to specific system packages and remediations
• Proven programming skills (Python, Go)
• Hands-on security experience, with in-depth knowledge of security, scaling in the cloud, and software engineering practices
• A solid understanding of information security standards & methodologies
• Ability to distill sophisticated security problems and drive toward creative solutions
• Strong organizational and relationship skills
• Cloud Security and Architecture related certifications (Google Cloud Platform Professional Cloud Architect/Developer, Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Amazon AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional)
• Familiarity with PCI, SOC2, SOX, and ISO standards
• Agile/SCRUM experience
• Web server/client architecture and implementation experience (OpenAPI/Swagger, agent deployment)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).