|State||District of Columbia|
About the Role
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered, or getting to and from the airport, Uber is increasingly a part of the fabric of everyday life.
The backbone of the Rider experience are the mobility products offered on our platform. These products span from the budget-minded (Shared Rides) to the high end (UberBlack), from being driven (uberX) to driving yourself (Uber Parking). On the Rider Operations team, we seek to understand the rider experience, use case, and needs in order to develop, build, and grow the right product offerings on the Uber mobility platform.
We are currently hiring for multiple Operations Managers roles across 2 teams:
Core Products: The Core Products team oversees a wide range of the core product offerings on the Uber mobility platform. These include our most essential products (uberX, uberXL, Shared Rides) and our expansion into new product types and categories (Reservations, Uber Green, Uber Pet, Uber Connect, Uber Parking). As an individual on this team, you will be the end-to-end owner of various products and their performance, and will be ultimately responsible for defining offerings, bringing them to market, scaling geographic coverage, and growing adoption and regular engagement.
Premium Products: Whether it's higher-end, luxury transportation, motor coaches, or party buses, certain customers won't consider Uber until we have the right set of products to meet their needs. We also have room to elevate the experience of purchasing from Uber, from how it looks and feels in our app, to providing a more high-touch booking experience. As the Premium Team, we are responsible for products and experiences that focus on quality, convenience, reliability, and consistency. These products represent $2B+ in gross bookings annually (with major growth potential), including Uber Black and Premier, Hourly, Intercity Rides, Uber Charter, and more to follow.
These roles will report into the Central Operations team, but will be one of our most highly cross-functional roles - you will coordinate across a number of internal teams including product, marketing, compliance, policy, city operations, finance, and more.
What You'll Do
• Manage product performance, tracking performance vs. targets and ensure we are holding ourselves and partner teams accountable for expected results
• Partner with marketing, product marketing, and brand teams to develop coherent brand strategy, ensuring that our offering is clear for our customers and appropriate for the markets that we're in
• Identify new service line opportunities via market research and customer insight, then partner with teams across the company to develop these services and bring them to market
• Identify business priorities such as growth opportunities or weaknesses and help drive the team's strategy and improve or innovate processes
• Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in decision-making
• Partner with customer research and insights teams to understand how we can continue to raise the bar on service quality, then work with our product, support, business development, and operations teams to deliver increasingly compelling features to our customers
• 1+ years of experience in strategy / consulting / business intelligence / analytics / operations / startup or related experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Strong attention to detail, history of delivering high-quality output, and comfort with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment
• Ability to operate effectively within complex organizations with limited hierarchy - able to work across functions to get things done effectively and efficiently with limited oversight or leadership mandate
• Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking (SQL a plus)
• Experience working with strategy development, weighing tradeoffs, and making confident recommendations and plans
• Self-motivated, works independently and possesses strong organization and prioritization skills
• Proven track record balancing critical tasks and consistently delivering
• Strong communication and project management skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).