About the Role
Head of Security Guidance is responsible for embedding proactive security at design time for all products across our entire global organization.
What You'll Do
• Owning the security of our Product Design across all parts of our global business.
• Scale the security review process for both depth and coverage across all key feature developments across the company.
• Build a security champions program embedded in Uber Engineering
• Lead engineering for preventative solutions to solve security issues at their root (\"Shift Left\")
• Influence roadmaps at the highest level of our technical leadership at Uber
• Lead Penetration Testing, Threat Modeling and Design Review security services at Uber.
• Collaborate with our customer identity teams to ensure security requirements are considered to protect our users.
• Build and scale a strong team of security engineers, operations personnel and more.
• 4+ years in Security Engineering, Product Security, Product Engineering or Application Development
• 2+ years experience in managing teams responsible for detecting and preventing security issues in product design
• Proven track record of collaborating with and influencing engineering leaders to implement Secure Software Development Lifecycle
• Strong hands on technical experience in modern day engineering practices, languages and architecture.
• Sound business judgment, ability to influence others, strong analytical thinking skills.
• Exceptional storyteller with the ability to articulate a clear vision that balances principled decision making, user empathy and data analysis.
• Ability to motivate engineers and managers while providing them career paths that align with business goals.
• Track record of creating a broad strategy and providing the deep technical guidance needed to implement it.
• Track record of collaborating and influencing engineering teams to manage risk, effectively balancing business and security tradeoffs.
About the Team
Are you interested in tackling security at scale? Solving unique and challenging security problems? Our team works on every major project at Uber and provides security engineering and guidance to our internal customers. The security guidance team is chartered to build security into the DNA of Uber. We are engineers, pentesters, and security experts who work on major projects across all of Uber. Our team performs risk assessments, design reviews, threat models and we develop systems and platforms to scale security across Uber's product engineering teams.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).