About the Role
Core Security Engineering's mission is to make the Uber production environment secure by default and provide industry leading products and services to all Uber's production services and infrastructure. We are focused on building both security primitives and end users products that help Uber engineers to secure their service, build trust, and advance security to enable our global business.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Uber Secrets Management Team.
You will be working on Uber's secret storage service(s) and infrastructure to support the goal of securely storing and distributing secrets(such as Keys, password, token etc) across Uber's engineering ecosystem.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
• 3+ years of experience in software engineering with strong knowledge of system design and architecture.
• Experience in building highly scalable, reliable and fault tolerant systems for business critical applications
• Experience with agile development and adopting engineering best practices with well defined goals and metrics.
• Experience at least one object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C++, Python, Go, C).
• Knowledge of highly scalable secrets management systems like AWS KMS, Azure Key Vault or HashiCorp Vault.
• A strategic mindset, comfortable thinking far ahead of where the team is at now
• Experience with Open Source Projects and/or active contributors.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).