|Category||People & Places|
Our Policy, Communications, and Marketing teams focus on Uber's relationships with earners, riders, the media, and the cities we operate in. We're on the front lines of our business priorities, and our EAs regularly interact cross-functionally across teams within Uber, and with key external stakeholders. Uber is in the news on a near-daily basis and surrounds us in our daily life, making our Policy, Communications, and Marketing work very tangible and rewarding.
About the Role
Uber is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant Business Partner (EABP) to support its VP Performance Marketing. This role is critical to the success of our business and Performance Marketing organization, working in close partnership with marketing leadership and other cross-functional partners, including Global Marketing, Communications, Policy, Product, and Tech organizations here at Uber. This EA role partners closely with a Chief of Staff to achieve key objectives for the VP and the organization.
The ideal candidate for this role will act as a true partner to the VP, managing schedules and logistics, prioritizing time and assisting with communications to the team. With a keen eye for detail and ability to calmly balance competing priorities, they will provide day-to-day administrative support and help to increase the VP's efficiency. Helping lead and mentor fellow EAs, handling confidential requests, and organizing team events, this candidate will have a wide range of responsibilities, proactively solve problems, have a can-do attitude and thrive in fast-paced environments.
What You'll Do
• Manage complex calendars using Google Calendar including vetting, prioritizing, and providing recommendations
• Help ensure leader is properly prepared and on time for all meetings. Assist with the scheduling of multiple stakeholder meetings
• Contribute to leadership meetings by taking notes and tracking action items
• Navigate a complex conference room landscape (when back in office)
• Assist with event planning and coordination for team meetings, all-hands meetings, summits, and QBRs
• Make domestic and international travel arrangements and process travel expense reports based on direction from traveler
• Draft detailed travel itineraries and provide remote assistance with logistics and travel arrangements with input from traveler, including visa processing
• Follow up and provide reminders on project deadlines, AIs, and deliverables
• Assist with ensuring the timely review and submission of expenses
• May assist with facility/space planning logistics
• May preview and provide feedback regarding team expense reports, and assist with managing leader's or team's morale budget
• May work on other tasks and projects as assigned
• Minimum 6+ years of administrative experience for EABP II
• Minimum 8+ years of administrative experience for EABP III
• Minimum 8+ years of administrative experience preferred for EABP II
• Minimum 4+ years experience supporting a VP-level leader in any sized business or a Director-level leader in a global business for EABP II
• Minimum 10+ years of administrative experience for EABP III
• Minimum 6 years experience supporting a VP-level leader in any sized business or a Director-level leader in a global business for EABP III
• Google calendar
• Tech company experience
• Global experience
• Experience supporting multiple leaders
• Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize leaders' calendar with ability to make judgement calls and decisions based on rapidly shifting priorities
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced, often changing environment with efficiency and accuracy
• Ability to take initiative and ownership over sometimes ambiguous tasks and situations with little oversight
• Strong organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
• Experience coordinating projects
• Experience with budget management
• Ability to work with confidential information
• Experience working in a complex, matrixed and global environment
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).