|State||District of Columbia|
About the Role
The Global Analytics & Insights team powers data-driven decision making for Uber's Community Operations organization. As a data analyst on the team you will focus on building the \"data foundations'' for analysis and consumption by the CommOps stakeholders. You will work closely with data engineering, product, program, and business teams to develop,design,and maintain the next generation data infrastructure that will power CommOps' business needs. This will include working closely with stakeholders to define key metrics, build ETL pipelines, develop scalable dashboards, and effectively communicate timely about progress. This role has global scope and spans across all of Uber's businesses (Rides, Eats, U4B, Freight, Elevate and more).
The ideal candidate is experienced in developing complex data pipelines via SQL and Python-based ETL frameworks, data warehousing concepts, working with large data sets and is passionate about data and analytics.
For this role besides excellent technical skills and analytical skills, you should also have project management skills, stakeholder management skills, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information for stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
• Collect stakeholder needs and requirements
• Define metrics and identify data needed
• Build complex data pipelines using SQL, Python and internal workflow management tools
• Build Data Marts
• Support complex data analysis, and work with data engineering team for ingestion and modelling of Commops' data from multiple sources
• Manage stakeholder expectations and project manage design, development and delivery of data solutions
• Identify gaps and draw conclusions from data that impact business goals/processes
• Help design solutions and create documentation
• Own data analysis where needed, and communicate the outcomes/insights to various stakeholders to aid strategic decisions for improvements in support experience for drivers and riders
• Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting & models
• Manage and own work in Jira sprints
• Minimum 5 years of experience in analytics, business intelligence, data engineering, or a similar role
• BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, Operations Research, or other quantitative focus (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience in data analysis and/or BI projects focused on data ingestion, data modelling and deep dives
• Experience documenting technical and functional specifications for data modelling
• Strong knowledge of relational databases, warehousing concepts, and developing data pipelines via SQL and Python-based ETL framework
• Exceptional Excel/Google Sheets & data management experience
• Programming languages such as Python and/or R
• Experience utilizing and analyzing data from Tableau dashboards
• Experience with Agile/Scrum practices
• Comfortable using version control tools such as git
• Exceptional communication, presentation and organization skills
• Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, ability to initiate and drive projects with minimal oversight and guidance
• Experience building cross functional relationships across a variety of functions to launch projects to drive business value
• Experience communicating with and influencing technical and non-technical audiences (engineers, data scientists, program managers, marketers)
About the Team
The Community Operations team ensures that we provide high-quality support at scale. The Analytics & Insights team is tasked with providing critical business insights to help identify opportunities and implement operational improvements across our entire organization.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).