Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to crafting dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
About the Role
This role will lead a highly visible, high impact team within Eater Growth. The Eater Acquisition team works to enable eaters to acquire new eaters through naturally connected surfaces. This team owns all eater surfaces in the rider app, the welcome experience in the eats app, referrals and more. You will be engaged in shaping customer experiences in these areas and influence their behavior for the benefit of sustainable business growth. As Uber Eats continues to grow in size, reach, and complexity, so too will the product strategy and solutions needed to support the business.
What You'll Do
• You will manage a team of software engineers to deliver world-class safety solutions
• Partner with customer teams, help see opportunities, gather requirements, and lead a technology roadmap and vision for the team
• Recruit, encourage, and grow a top notch engineering team
• Develop systems and software to bring world class safety to global Uber
• Strong experience developing software as an engineer and outstanding technical skills in backend or mobile engineering
• Significant experience building and operating critical high-scale systems
• Management experience leading technically diverse engineering teams
• Management and team development skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, mentor engineers, deliver frequent and transparent feedback, help team members grow in their careers, and deliver results
• Good software engineering methodology: meaningful and deeply-rooted opinions about testing and code quality, ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs
• Past experience with Growth engineering and product teams
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).