About the Role
As the Product Manager for the merchant experience for Uber delivery's new verticals, you'll be playing a key role in powering the most important part of our business flywheel: selection. Consumers demand the SKU and merchant range that is widely available to them in the physical world, ranging from large supermarkets and well-loved local specialty grocers to highly curated wine shops and grab-and-go convenience stores. You will be defining the product strategy for how we can not only get these merchants onto Uber globally, but more importantly help them be successful on the platform. The merchants we are focusing on are in the grocery, convenience, alcohol and pharmacy sectors, but this team has broader ambitions to expand into plenty of other long-tail verticals in the future.
In this role, you will be working with a broad set of cross-functional stakeholders across business development, sales, operations, data science, design, engineering and more.
What you'll do
The merchant experience for the new verticals world is vast and we are only just getting started. This is a representative sampling of the areas you might be tackling on the team:
• Work closely with large enterprises (e.g. the Walgreens and Krogers of the world) to ensure their success on the Eats platform
• Devise product solutions for how best to track real time inventory, knowing that grocer data around this is in itself not always accurate
• Help merchants get more demand through various levers such as merchant-funded promotions
• Help merchants understand how they are doing on Eats, and give them personalized insights that can further help grow their business.
• Product Experience: Minimum 6+ years of product management experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them -- and you're deeply proud of what you've accomplished
• Leadership Experience: Prior experience setting and delivering on a strategy you crafted, where you were accountable for the outcomes.
• Data-savvy - you find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
• Technically proficient - you have collaborated with engineers in developing the technical architecture of the products you have built.
• Strategic - you can craft a coherent product vision, multi-year strategy and quarterly roadmap that your team and the business rallies behind.
• Business-minded - you are passionate about building businesses, not features. You not only own the user metrics but also own and optimize business performance metrics.
• Experience building products from 0 to 1
• Experience in the grocery, retail, CPG or ecommerce industry
• Experience working closely with paying clients in the B2B sector
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).