About the Role
Are you interested in working at the intersection of machine learning (ML), economics, engineering, and data science? Are you passionate about developing next-generation algorithms to power a variety of unique solutions in the pricing and logistics spaces? If so, then this is the job for you.
We are looking for a brilliant Applied Science leader to spearhead data science challenges (i.e. modeling and algorithmic development) work in the Marketplace area for Uber Eats.
What You'll Do
• Lead technical applied science teams. Your deep technical knowledge will allow you to work across data and applied sciences, product and engineering teams working together to build a great product.
• Lead the creation of pragmatic, prioritized, actionable roadmaps that effectively distill vision and strategy into efficiently shipped results.
• Be creative - relentlessly identify new ideas and data sources to solve very difficult problems.
• Distill the vision and strategy for the team(s) to generate enthusiasm
• Be deeply truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
• Collaborate with Uber internal stakeholders, including product, engineering, product operations, finance, legal, policy and global operations teams to ensure that our technology supports Uber's business objectives, globally.
• Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
• Comfortable enough with research methodologies to address abstract business and product problems with utmost precision.
• Excellent educational background in computer science, machine learning, statistics, applied math, economics, operations research, or a related field. PhD degree preferred.
• Strong expertise in applied science/machine learning. Prior research or industry experience in Pricing, Optimization, Auctions preferred.
• Bias towards action and impact - able to structure a project from idea, prototyping, productionization to impact quantification. Industry experience with a proven track record of delivering impactful results preferred.
• Passionate and attentive self-starter, great communicator, amazing follow-through - you have a great work ethic and love the responsibility of being held accountable for the results.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing[ this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).