About the Role
As an Engineering Manager at Uber, you will be leading a group of engineers working with product managers, data scientists and other engineering teams to build identity platform solutions globally which are used by all Uber users. We are Uber's first Tech Center in LATAM and part of the global Engineering team!
About the team
Trusted identity team plays a crucial role in our mission to thoroughly verify the identity of our customers (riders) and partners( drivers, restaurants, freight companies) while ensuring powerful, intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our continued obsession for innovation in the space is essential to ensure safety as people interact on Uber's platform.
What You'll Do
• Manage a team of Software Engineers who are building a platform to collect user's identity profile, behavior signals, documents and images and automatically verify them leveraging machine learning and 3P integrations.
• Ensure the systems we build are highly reliable and scalable, and that identified security issues are prioritized and addressed accurately in an appropriate time frame.
• Mentor other engineers and build a strong culture of quality, handle conflicts well and help build consensus.
• Work with partners across Security, Safety, Compliance, Risk, Privacy, Legal, Ops and Marketing.
• Collaborate with Product, Design, UX Researcher and Mobile/Web engineers to define the customer facing features, as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform.
What You'll Need
• Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology etc.).
• Experience working with multi-functional, globally distributed teams to coordinate work and deliver solutions that span multiple teams.
• Collaboration with PMs, designers, data scientists and infrastructure teams to identify, prioritize and solve problems.
• Working actively on career mentor & development, handle performance & conflicts, influence cross-functional teams.
• Track record of managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering talent and growing effective teams.
• Desire knowledge about large-scale, distributed systems, including SQL/NoSQL storage, transactional updates, asynchronous processing with message queues like Kafka, logging, system monitoring, and performance tuning.
• Desire knowledge of mobile development.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We seek big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We encourage people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us and let's move the world forward, together.