Marketplace Central Ops LatAm
About the Role
Uber is looking for a sharp, results-oriented, analytical operations specialist to join our Rider Pricing and Incentives team under LatAm Central Operations. If you love experimentation, working with state of the art algorithms for pricing and incentives, investigating into huge datasets to find opportunities to increase efficiency and automating processes, then this role is for you. The ideal candidate will excel at modeling with large datasets, design and run experiments, and roll out new product features so as to deliver on key business goals that ensure our marketplace efficiency and unlock growth. You will work closely with extraordinary Engineering teams, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Global Operations, to build ground breaking products that impact Uber's business and customers every step of the way.
What You'll Do
• Analytics. Heavy analysis of our marketplace, rider, and partner behavior to identify and tackle marketplace challenges.
• Centralization and automation. Define core analysis and processes and scale them across LatAm and beyond.
• Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features that could improve the efficiency of our pricing and incentives tools (algorithms).
• Efficiency. Look beyond the obvious metrics and identify how we can optimize rider and driver experience on the platform.
• Strategy. Decide which projects and areas of the efficiency puzzle the team should focus on and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals.
• Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies as efficiently as possible.
• Stakeholder management. Be a global leader with a point of view and sparring partner for product teams, other mega-regions, and regional partners.
• Communication of technical information to non technical teams: document analysis, share rationales in slides and docs and be ready to present them to our business stakeholders.
What You'll Need
• 5+ or more years of Data Science, Data Analyst, Consulting, Engineering, Banking, Process Improvement, Business Intelligence, Statistician or similar background in a large business or growing a startup is encouraged, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
• Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics
• Proven track record of being a respected operational problem solver
• Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
• Validated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
• Very strong communication and organization skills
• Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
• Basic understanding of experiment design (such as A/B experiments)
• Proficiency in languages and tools like SQL, Hive, and Spark
• Ability to use a language like Python or R to work efficiently at scale with large data sets
• English proficiency, Portuguese or Spanish is a plus.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.