In Uber for Business, we're simplifying the way businesses move. Our engineering team solves unique challenges for both the rider and businesses, providing seamless experiences for travel managers and travelers alike. Help us bring modern ground transportation management to businesses around the globe.
About the Role
The Uber for Business (U4B) mobile team is uniquely positioned to build features on the rider and uber eats app that benefit our users. Some examples of U4B features include company sponsored rides home, Uber trips given to you by your car dealer when your vehicle is being serviced, and group ordering in our Uber eats application. On the U4B Mobile team you'll work on exciting projects across both of our eats and rider apps that unlock growth and deliver value to our business users.
The U4B team is a tight knit group of passionate and talented engineers, designers, data scientists, product managers, and account managers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and open culture.
As a mobile engineer in U4B you'll have the unique opportunity to apply technology to solve Uber's challenges in the business world as well as have a measurable impact on the user experience of our Uber applications.
What You'll Do
• Work on exciting features that elevate the business experience.
• Solve complex logistics problems in the real world with scalable technical solutions.
• Develop polished mobile features that deliver high user value
• Work with partner teams to deliver long term shared goals.
• Provide technical leadership to more junior engineers on the team.
• High proficiency in iOS development
• 2+ years of experience developing and shipping iOS code for production systems
• Strong skills in system design, coding, and testing
• Good written, verbal communication skills
• Experience with writing, releasing, and maintaining mobile features
• Great team player
• 7+ years of experience in Software Development
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
• Experience building and maintaining iOS apps, frameworks, or SDKs
• Experience overseeing projects from beginning to end as a tech lead
• Passionate about writing high quality code and polished mobile experiences
• Passionate about delivering software that delights our end users
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).