Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
About the Role
Uber Marketplace (https://marketplace.uber.com/) is at the core of Uber's business, and rider pricing and incentives are strategically critical components of Marketplace. The mission of the team is to foster growth and increase profitability of Uber by pushingthe frontiers of machine learning, data science and economics and developing highly reliable and scalable platforms to accelerate Uber's impact to the transportation industry.The team is rapidly growing with high impact and visibility from the top. We are responsible for developing state of the art technology to optimize the pricing and incentives strategy in our platform that directly drives efficiencies and effectiveness across rider interaction with Uber. We handle a significant trunk of all the pricing and incentives budget we are spending at Uber and we aim to build long-term loyalty among Uber riders and create a healthy and balanced ecosystem It is a challenging yet rewarding job.
As an engineer you will have a lot of opportunities to work with product managers, data scientists and of course engineers from other teams. You will participate the whole development cycle of a software product from product scoping, architecture design, software implementation, to productionization, and learn how to iterate a product for greater success. We own a few products that directly impact Uber's bottom line. We are a data driven team, and you will be able to see the impact of your work reflected in Uber's earning report, such as gross booking and trips. The least thing you need to worry about is scope and visibility. We have manydifferent roles in the team, and need a broad range of skills such as machine learning, big data, optimization, and infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to grow your career and do highly impactful fun things at the same time.
What You'll Do
• Drive open-ended projects from end to end, with exceptional execution
• Thrive in ambiguous product requirements.
• Collaborate with Product Managers and Data Scientists closely.
• Make data driven decisions
• Be motivated to own projects and push them forward with independence.
• Most importantly, have a passion to make Uber better for our ride
• 3+ years of experience with Software Development
• Working experience in one or more object-oriented languages, including Python, Go, Scala or Java, and an eagerness to learn more
• 1 year or experience on Machine Learning, Optimization and Data Mining
• Experience in statistics
• Experience developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability
• Experience presenting at industry recognized ML conferences as well as being published in the field
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/kQRCPwSrUu8ANh1v9).