About the role:
Engages with stakeholders across teams to lead the design, development, optimization, and productionization of machine learning (ML) or ML-based solutions and systems that are used to solve highly complex or vaguely defined problems. This role also leads efforts across teams to leverage and improve ML infrastructure for model development, training, deployment needs and scaling ML systems.
About the Team:
Uber Marketplace (https://marketplace.uber.com/) is at the core of Uber's business, and pricing and incentives are strategically critical components of Marketplace. The mission of the team is to foster growth and increase profitability of Uber by pushing the frontiers of machine learning, data science and economics and developing highly reliable and scalable platforms to accelerate Uber's impact on the transportation industry.
The team is rapidly growing with high impact and visibility from the top. We are responsible for developing state of the art technology to optimize the pricing and incentives strategy in our platform that directly drives efficiencies and effectiveness across user (riders, drivers, eaters, restaurants, etc) interaction with Uber. We handle a significant trunk of all the pricing and incentives budget we are spending at Uber and we aim to build long-term loyalty among Uber users and create a healthy and balanced ecosystem.
• PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field AND 2-years full-time Software Engineering work experience OR 5-years full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 3-years total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, or Go)
• Large-scale training using data structures and algorithms
• Modern machine learning algorithms (e.g., tree-based techniques, supervised, deep, or probabilistic learning)
• Machine Learning Software such as Tensorflow/Pytorch, Caffe, Scikit-Learn, or Spark MLLib
• Note the 3-years total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The years of specialized experience are not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
• Deep Learning
• Scalable ML architecture
• Feature management
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).