About the Role
We are looking for talented engineers to join the Primary Storage team whose mission is to develop and manage the database platform storing the majority of the operational data at Uber. We develop infrastructure which helps run Uber's large scale database deployments in an automated fashion and dynamically scale it to the business needs while ensuring that highest levels of reliability and uptime are achieved.
What the Candidate Will Do ----
• Develop and maintain current as well as next-generation storage infrastructure that is core to Uber's business.
• Design and implement scalable, robust distributed systems.
• Write maintainable and extensible code with high quality tests and documentation.
\\---- Basic Qualifications ----
• BS/MS in Computer Science related field or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years software development experience.
• Experience implementing complex projects with multiple dependencies.
• Experience with Python, Java, Go, or other backend technologies.
\\---- Preferred Qualifications \\----
• You have knowledge of distributed systems. For example, you know the tradeoffs of different sharding and replication strategies; you can reason about data consistency in a distributed environment.
• Production experience in supporting large scale database deployments (for example MySQL, PostgreSQL or Cassandra) is a plus.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).