About the Role:
Uber Eats is revolutionizing instant delivery and making dining effortless: from eating locally every night, to ordering groceries during a global pandemic, to delivering a bottle of wine to a special someone. The options are endless. Working at Eats means delivering on all possibilities, not just for customers, but for merchants trying to grow their business and for delivery people searching for earnings opportunities.
The brand-new Strategic Operations team is scaling the most impactful projects across US and Canada. The team's unique focus on the entire region allows us to dream big and drive outsized change in all our work. We are creative problem solvers focused on long term projects and innovative processes in the areas of marketplace dynamics, automation, sales operations, and strategic initiatives.
Within Strategic Operations, our Merchant Operations team focuses on bringing value to thousands of B2B Merchant partners that are using the Eats platform to grow their business and attract new customers.
What You'll Do:
• Ideate: Bring bold ideas to the table, whether that be testing new programs or building new products to improve the merchant experience
• Strategize: Develop business cases, prioritization frameworks, implementation plans for scalable solutions that improve business problems touching many sides of the business
• Collaborate: Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the best customer experience for all sides of the marketplace involved in the partnership.
• Implement: Drive forward and own the results of the programs you identify and prioritize, bringing incremental impact to the business.
• Analyze: Quantify everything you do. Utilize data-driven decision making to understand business trends and craft your recommendations
• Iterate: Be committed to finding the best solutions through iteration and learning from failure. Identify operational weaknesses in the delivery experience and build scalable processes
• 1+ year of professional work experience in a related field (consulting, investment banking, technology, operations, strategy, or analytics)
• 2-4 years of professional work experience in a related field, such as consulting, investment banking, strategy, operations, or analytics
• Bachelor degree in related field.
• Exceptional Excel and data management skills. SQL is a plus
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
• Excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills; proven ability to balance multiple critical tasks and consistently delivering against hard deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to synthesize information quickly, to distill key takeaways, and to weave insights into a compelling story that clarifies and inspires
• An ability to build deep cross-functional relationships across a broad organization, foster a warm and collaborative work environment, and understand problems from diverse perspectives. Humility and empathy are critical to success in this role
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).