About the Organization
The goal of the Prediction team is to drive best in class unit economics with accurate time predictions for our merchant and courier partners. To name a few things, we drive matching decisions by predicting what's the optimal time for a courier to pick up the food at the restaurant, and how long will it take for the end to end delivery of an order. The team is part of Uber's Marketplace group, which is responsible for efficiency of our Uber Marketplace involving riders, eaters, drivers and merchants. The impact of these predictions affect millions of dollars of gross booking for the company.
As a senior engineer, you will be expected to
• Deliver business impact: You drive and execute projects along with other engineers and data scientists to drive meaningful business impact.
• Collaborate with other engineering teams like Courier Pricing and UberAI to drive the shared vision of our teams.
• Mentor junior engineers on the team to help them grow technically and professionally.
• BS/BE degree in Computer Science or related fields. Advanced degrees are preferred but not required.
• 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
• Strong problem solving and coding skills.
• Solid understanding and hands-on experiences with backend system development. An ideal candidate should possess the following technical skills:
• Design and development of large scale distributed systems
• REST APIs
• Distributed Messaging / Kafka
• Experience with productionalizing machine learning or deep learning models.
• Experience with batch or real time data pipelines is preferred but not required.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).