About the Role
The Senior Strategy and Planning Associate will join the Uber Eats S&P team. This team fulfills a key business partner function within the organisation, working to distil business insights to shape an informed strategy, champion effective growth investments and enable organisational effectiveness.
Leveraging business acumen and analytical experience gained from challenging environments in the past, this role will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We're looking for someone who can zoom out to set a vision and solve problems from 30,000 feet, as well as zoom in to dive deep into the details.
As a partner to our Uber Operations and Cross Functional teams, you will help support the strategic decision making process throughout the Japan region by utilizing your analytical skills, a heavy data driven approach and an operational mindset.
What you will do:
• Work closely with operations, marketing, sales, finance and team members within S&P to identify important trends, problems and opportunities
• Set governance processes, manage rhythm and cadence of operations for the entire business
• Drive analysis on important strategic decisions to propel the business forward
• Set strategic priorities, translate them into concrete projects & work closely with teams across the region to deliver on execution
• Distil large volumes of information and present them back to the business in the form of succinct business insights
• Evaluate the economic and strategic costs/benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies
• Develop strategic and analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
• Work closely in a matrixed environment with operations, marketing, analytics, product, finance in the region and at HQ to set clear objectives for the business
• Work closely with other members of the Uber team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
• Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local teams as efficient as possible
• Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts as well as ensuring a tight cadence on financial reporting and delivery as part of our overall commitment to the APAC region as a business
• Be a resourceful multi-tasker, supporting teams across the region. You'll be the go-to person for many key organisational initiatives requiring cross functional collaboration
• Leverage the professional development and learning opportunities from frequent direct engagement with senior leadership across the Eats business
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.