About the Role
The Eater Pricing Lead will be responsible for unlocking the next phase of user growth for our Eats business in Latin America. As the lead, you will drive the strategy around Eater pricing in LATAM, constantly optimizing through elasticity testing & experimentation to drive efficient growth.
You will own Eater pricing products in the region, and as a result, will collaborate with the product team, peers within the Regional Eater & Growth Organization, Strategic Finance, and most importantly, sub-regional teams. Together you will develop specific strategies that drive growth through user pricing given market scenarios, Eater business objectives & demand levers.
As the product POC you will also be responsible for defining LatAm pricing product needs and helping the team to prioritise these at a global level. This role requires equal eye for business, analytical skills, and a strategic approach as well as strong collaboration and stakeholder management.
What You'll Do
• Work closely with sub-regional teams and cross functional stakeholders to understand how pricing and promo spend impact Eater demand within different markets in LatAm;
• Run experiments to find the most effective and efficient structures to drive demand;
• Use quantitative and qualitative insights from Eaters to drive impactful roadmaps within product and ops;
• Champion pricing products that drive Eater demand & surface the flexibility needed for sub regions to meet local objectives; build businesses cases for product to prioritise;
• Collaborate with other Eater & Growth team members to have a unified perspective on demand levers across the organisation and how to operate them in a way that both demonstrates their power and allows them to live collaboratively;
• Devise investment business cases and recommendations based on a meticulous cost-benefit assessment;
• Work in partnership with Finance to optimize Net Eater Fees based on business goals (profitability, competitiveness, growth);
• Configure pricing changes as needed;
What You'll Need
• 5-7 years of robust work experience in management consulting, a startup, strategy, product, operations, analytics, or a variety of other specialty roles with proven track record in quantitative fields is expected;
• Able to tackle issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic, common sense and data;
• Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and a collaborative approach;
• Strong project management & ability to drive projects to completion in a timely manner;
• Finger-tippinesses with data: You just get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions and drive growth, and have a deep understanding of experimentation;
• Good at market research: You're a truth-seeking missile. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you integrate this information into your pricing growth strategies;
• Outstanding Excel / data skills; SQL proficiency strongly preferred;
• Absolute standout colleague with the ability to bring different opinions to consensus & demonstrated experience in managing complex stakeholder structure;
• Strong communication, presentation and organization skills ability to reduce complex and complicated information into clear recommendations to senior leadership;
• Proficiency in English;
• Experience in Pricing;
• Experience with Experimentation & Statistics;
• Python, R of similar programming language and advanced analytics skill set a plus;
• Experience working within a matrix and multi-country located organization;
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.