About the Role
The Manager, Global Strategy & Programs, will deliver high priority strategic programs across the Community Operations organization, which is responsible for providing customer care globally. Based in San Francisco, but working with teams around the world, this role will apply expert project and program management skills to launch top-priority complex global projects to materially improve Uber's operations.
In this role, you will help support leadership in company-wide decision-making through your critical thinking, strategic mindset, and data-driven approach. You should have excellent problem-solving, time-management, business planning, and cross-functional leadership skills, and the ability to clearly articulate and present information to stakeholders at all levels of the business.
What you'll do
• Help launch Uber's customer care strategy programs for the future
• Drive the end-to-end implementation of large-scale, high-impact programs that are important to the success of CommOps
• Facilitate the semi-annual budget planning process and ongoing operational activities for CommOps
• Identify operational gaps, improve, and pioneer processes to drive efficiency across Community Operations
• Develop executive-level communications and presentations for Uber's leadership to drive key stakeholder alignment to ensure initiatives are connected to larger customer support goals
• Provide actionable thought leadership on problems without precedent
• Bachelor's degree in Business / Economics, or other quantitative fields
• Minimum 5 years of work experience, of which 2 years of strategy or operations consulting experience
• 2-3 years direct people management experience
• Experience in communicating with and presenting to senior leaders
• Experience collaborating and influencing others in a cross-functional team environment
• MBA, Master's degree in Economics, Business, Finance, or other quantitative fields
• 3-5 years of prior work experience in program management or 1-3 years experience at the Project Leader / Engagement Manager level at a top-tier strategy & operations consulting firm
• Demonstrated ability to own and execute on multiple major strategic projects / programs
• Experience with business planning or budget processes
• Highly structured and detail oriented approach to work
• Experience with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
• Advanced Excel / data analysis skills
• Advanced PowerPoint / presentation skills
About the Team
The Community Operations Global Strategy & Programs team works with teams around the world to provide critical business insights to help find opportunities and implement operational improvements. The team is working towards developing a world-class support organization that scales effectively, is reliable and consistent, and provides unmatched service to our Uber community. This is a highly sought after team that is known as a talent feeder into the rest of Community Operations and Uber.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).