About the Role
We are looking for engineers that are driven to help other engineers. In this role, you will apply the concepts and discipline of robust build systems to resolve complex engineering challenges while enhancing developer velocity and maintaining operational excellence. You will support Uber business operations and improve Uber's engineer productivity. You will build software components that can be integrated into a fully functional software system. Solve production issues in system reliability.
\\---- What You'll Do ----
• Design/architect, develop and/or test software applications in Java and Python using Uber's technology stack;
• Apply technical knowledge to evaluate complex development/projects and provide recommendations to resolve complex technical issues;
• Collaborate with teams on deep integration of multiple systems at Uber;
• Design, implement and lead sustainable end-to-end solutions across teams to improve developer velocity;
• Deliver high-quality code and production ready solution
\\---- Basic Qualifications ----
• Grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
• Strong coding/debugging abilities in Java and Python.
• A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, as well as performance and scalability.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• 100% hands-on - willing to get to the bottom of things and to pursue the best solution always.
\\---- Preferred Qualifications \\----
• Excellent fundamentals in software engineering and concepts such as design patterns, testing, build systems and automation in the continuous integration/delivery space
• Experience working on building systems in production
• Ability to collaborate and communicate with a global team to help discover gaps in our tooling and infrastructure and help drive solutions
• Experience in developer tools & services would be a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).