About the Role
The Vehicles Org's vision is to empower suppliers with an innovative platform that enables the industry's leading marketplace for suppliers and earners while creating new opportunities for Uber Design for high-performance, highly scalable, distributed enterprise applications involving hundreds of thousands of suppliers across the globe with a high expectation of feature richness, ease of use, and reliability.
Have a direct influence on the product experience for millions of earners every day serving millions of queries per month.
We are looking for a technical leader who can lead the team of skilled engineers responsible for architecting, building, and scaling highly-available, high-demand systems that support millions of users every day.
We own the end-to-end enterprise ecosystem which enables all the earners (drivers/couriers) on the Uber platform who need access to an asset ( vehicles, bikes, scooters, etc ) & you will own driving the overall mission of this ecosystem.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced engineer who has a healthy sense of curiosity and acts with a responsibility to join Uber, work with hardworking people across the board and help improve our next-generation search and mapping systems, scaling them to the next level.
• Strong management and team development skills - ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, mentor engineers, deliver frequent and honest feedback, help team members grow in their careers, and deliver results.
• Good interpersonal skills, deep technical ability, and track record of successful execution.
• Experienced in team building, interviewing and hiring senior and junior engineers to grow the team.
• Experience designing and implementing highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services
• Ability to decompose sophisticated business problems into clean, extensible, performant services and systems
• Proven experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
• Full-stack engineering experience.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).