|Category||Finance & Accounting|
About the Role
This role will report to the Revenue Operations Manager- Delivery, and will be part of a team that is critical to the company's month end close process, SOX compliance, and development of the Company's external financial statements. In this role, you will improve efficiency of close processes through automation and outsourcing, work cross-functionally with Finance Engineering, Cash accounting, Intercompany accounting to develop and enhance Uber's internal revenue systems, take ownership in management of key revenue controls, and be involved in supporting major projects that impact the entire accounting organization.
What You'll Do
• Actively involved in the monthly close process including preparation of reports and analysis, and reviewing various journal entries of staff and shared service center team members
• Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and flux analysis at month-end close
• Participate in critical accounting projects, supporting new product launches & the implementation of new system logic or improvements
• Heavily involved in drafting accounting requirements for Finance Engineering teams, user acceptance testing, and strengthening of organizational change controls
• Improve existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls
• Find opportunities for outsourcing and work on automation projects to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly revenue close
• Collaborate with key cross-functional partners including finance, engineering, internal audit on a variety of projects
• Support external audit requirements
• Assist in financial reporting during the month-end close process
• Support revenue team on ad-hoc analysis and projects
• 3+ Years of Professional Exerperience
• Month-end close experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data
• Experience with management of external consultants and/or shared services
• Experience with Oracle or other large financial systems
• Proven track record to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
• Excellent time and self-management skills & ability to prioritize
• Knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP under 606
• Public accounting background
• Experience with drafting business requirements and collaborating with Finance Technology / Finance Engineering teams on internal accounting systems
• Knowledge of and basic ability to read and write SQL
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).