|City||New York City|
The security organization at Uber is dedicated to enabling safe and secure innovation while protecting the communities we serve both online and in the physical world. Our teams are responsible for protecting both people and their data across intersections of the digital and physical world. In Global Security, our mission is to keep our people safe. We monitor global events and incidents, assess risk, and identify threats. Using a data-driven, risk-based approach, we assign security support, allocate resources and design processes to protect our people and assets.
About the Role
Our Global Investigations (GI) team operates cross functionally in close coordination with ER, HR, Risk, Legal, Public Safety, and other security elements to investigate sophisticated security challenges impacting the safety of our employees and ensuring the integrity of Uber's mission.
What You'll Do
• Conduct data-driven research on a range of investigative topics in order to provide insights about how we mitigate risk on the platform
• Share research findings via written reports and presentations
• Build visualizations to communicate data to key decision-makers.
• Work in a collaborative environment supporting numerous partners
• Review data to identify issues and gaps
• Continuously look for ways to improve data quality, retrieval, and communicability with collaborating partners
• Assist with monitoring and evaluating metrics that tell a story about value added to the business
• Coordinate projects spanning teams globally; ensure timelines and results are tracked, and met on time
• Market the GI team and its capabilities within Uber
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in a program support type role
• Experience with Google Sheets, Excel, Tableau, Google Forms, Google Slides and/or PowerPoint is required
• Possess high integrity - you will handle sensitive data and have access to investigative reports
• Discretion and confidentiality are a must
• Data analysis, statistics or other relevant quantitative academic or professional background would be a plus
• Possess a proven interest in international affairs, security, law enforcement, business continuity, or crisis management
• Proven record of research, writing skills, and communicating via presentations to diverse audiences
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).