We are seeking Release Managers to drive release programs for Uber's mobile applications delivering magical experiences to millions of riders, drivers, eaters, couriers, and partners around the world. In this role you will partner with engineering, product, operations and a multitude of internal and external stakeholders to release Uber's mobile applications and scale release processes and capabilities for the future.
About the Job
Uber release managers play a critical role in ensuring high-quality, timely releases of all of Uber's apps to millions of riders, drivers, and eaters every week. We do this by engineering solutions at scale and leveraging both technology and process to get the job done. Specifically, you'll work closely with engineers, be responsible for the release of apps that are used by millions of people worldwide. And, more importantly, be accountable for evolving our processes over time, as we relentlessly look to increase the quality of our products and efficiency of our tools and processes.
What You'll Do
As part of the Release team your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Work with key stakeholders on defining our release schedule, ensuring all proper quality gates are in place and ship a stable app to our end users at regular cadence. This includes working with partners in our offices in the US and India.
• Move fast to deliver frequent, high quality mobile releases.
• Monitor, measure, and communicate release metrics to a broad internal audience.
• Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, evaluate tradeoffs, and call out impediments taking into account product features and third party dependencies.
• Identify technical and process improvement opportunities, and work with cross-functional teams to implement.
• Create and maintain internal documentation on release programs to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information.
• Continuously improve alpha, beta, and production release tooling and process.
• As a member of a diverse technical program management team, contribute to projects outside of your area, wherever your passions take you.
• BA/BS degree with 5+ years of professional experience working.
• Experience in release management of mobile applications (iOS/Android) in fast paced, highly collaborative and high growth environments.
• Expert in app submission, review, and release methodologies, including alphas and betas.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks.
• Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams.
• Proficient in use of issue tracking tools and platform-specific app stores.
Uber's changing how the world moves, and we need talents and passion to make it happen.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).